City of Danville, IL
The City of Danville, Illinois is the county seat of Vermilion County in east central Illinois on the Indiana border. Sidwell implemented and configured the Accela Civic Platform for the city using Best Practice Templates for Permitting and Licensing. This was done to streamline the process and reduce time to go live. A conversion of the city’s historical data was completed to give staff one location to research existing records, as well as create and process new ones. The city’s GIS was also integrated to ensure new records are created efficiently and accurately.
Print this Story: City of Danville, IL
- The city used Permits Plus to maintain records.
- The city desired improved workflows and communication for processing permits.
- The code enforcement department aimed to reduce redundancy and duplication of entries.
- GIS integration was performed to give the city accurate APO (Address, Parcel, Owner) data.
- Using Accela’s Best Practice Templates, Sidwell staff configured the city’s Land Management and Licensing records from existing data sheets.
- Conversion of historic and licensed professional data loaded into Accela’s hosted database.
- Sidwell staff provided 28 hours of remote end-user training. Sidwell also provided additional no-cost training materials and documentation from Accela’s online Success Community.
- Follow up inspections are automatically scheduled when a code case is set to “In Violation”, creating better communication.
- The public now has access to the city’s data through the Accela Citizen Access portal.
- Code enforcement officers now possess mobile capabilities to perform tasks while out in the field.
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook allows inspections on Accela to show up in calendars.
- Client: City of Danville, IL
- Project Details: Accela
- Industry: Government, Local Government