Effingham County, IL
Effingham County is located in Central Illinois approximately 75 miles southeast of Springfield, the Illinois State Capitol. After being introduced to the concept of the parcel fabric and the Local Government Information Model (LGIM), Effingham County reached out to Sidwell to talk about improving their GIS maintenance workflows and GIS website. Sidwell staff provided support to help the county visualize what modernizing their GIS using the parcel fabric would look like, and the county agreed to move forward with the conversion.
- The county was in need of an updated parcel maintenance workflow and a more robust GIS web solution to take advantage of Esri’s ArcGIS Online technology.
- Sidwell migrated the existing county geodatabase to the Local Government Information Model (LGIM) and parcel fabric.
- Service included staging, fabric topology validation and loading of townships, subdivisions, tax parcels, ownership parcels, and right-of-way features.
- Sidwell deployed a Parcel Administrator database to manage and track county parcel numbers and genealogy.
- DEVNET’s land record solution was integrated with Sidwell’s Portico GIS web viewer to improve desktop and online mapping.
- Implemented FARMS.
- Sidwell’s professional services provided the county with the proper training on how to maintain their parcel information in the new environment. Additionally, Sidwell provided their parcel fabric workflow support package to ensure county success in managing the parcel fabric once training has been completed.
- Sidwell training provided familiarity with editing using the parcel fabric, resulting in new, more productive workflows.
- The county now has a modernized GIS website solution using Esri’s ArcGIS Online and can now implement Esri basemaps and applications for the LGIM.
- It is easier and quicker for the county to update tax parcels and share shapefiles with other Esri users.
- The public now has access to aerial imagery, sketch, and tax parcel information all in one location through Sidwell’s Portico web viewer.
What They Had To Say
Sidwell has a very good reputation for quality and customer support. We were in need of an updated GIS web solution, and I felt like Sidwell was the right choice for this. Brian Baker, the account manager, and Mark Kemper, the project manager were patient and always had thorough answers for all my questions. I felt comfortable with them, and it was apparent that Sidwell was willing to invest the time to make sure I understood what the LGIM and Fabric was all about.
Jill ZerrusenEffingham County, IL, GIS Manager
- Client: Effingham County, Illinois
- Project Details: Parcel Fabric, LGIM, FARMS, ArcGIS Online, Parcel Administrator, Portico
- County Statistics:
Area: 480 sq. miles
Density: 72/sq. mi
(*as of 2010 census)