Guernsey County, OH
- Previous parcel lines were digitized from paper maps and did not have any data integrity rules in place.
- Guernsey County desired to create an enterprise GIS project utilizing Esri GIS solutions, mainly the Local Government Information Model and the Parcel Fabric.
- Sidwell provided the county with a parcel fabric conversion pilot area to allow the county to visualize the content and design of the new workflows, and make recommendations based on their needs.
- Using original source documents, from plats, surveys, tax maps, legal descriptions, and imagery, all properties were identified, inventoried, and located. This resulted in a single, countywide parcel fabric.
- Full annotation and dimension details for parcel number, owner, deed, acreage, and plat information.
- Integration with other existing county administrative systems such as property taxes and planning.
- Major operations in the county such as the auditor’s office, engineer, commissioners, planning and economic development, and health service and emergency management will all benefit from the conversion.
- All county maps are available online for public viewing.
- New systems and workflows help organize property related data through all county organizations and sources.
What They Had To Say
We were looking for a company that could take our paper maps and create 40,000 parcels using COGO, put them in Esri’s Parcel Fabric using the Local Government Model, and it all had to be reasonably priced. Sidwell’s proposal included all of that, and more.
Amy SwigartGuernsey County, OH, Deputy Auditor
- Client: Guernsey County, OH
- Project Details: Parcel Fabric, LGIM
- County Statistics:
Area: 528 sq. miles
Density: 77/sq mi
(*as of 2010 census)