Holmes County, OH
Holmes County, OH is located in the central part of the state and is home to the largest Amish community in the world. In a previous project, Sidwell helped design Holmes County’s parcel history data. This data is now able to be updated as an integral part of the Tax Mapping Department’s daily workflow. Using Parcel Administrator’s flexibility to allow for customization, the county then sought out Sidwell to help provide them with an interactive website that will allow users to query and access the county’s digital parcel history data by developing all scripts, files, and web pages.
- Prior to implementing Parcel Administrator, all parcel genealogy had been conducted on large index cards in two large filing cabinets. Everything was done on paper.
- The county desired an easy-to-use system that was able to search using a number of different queries.
- Holmes County staff saw the potential to develop a reporting tool using genealogy data already being maintained in Sidwell’s Parcel Administrator.
- Sidwell developed SQL views and stored procedures in the Holmes County Parcel Administrator database to stage parcel history data.
- Created a web portal by which a user can search a parcel number and have all previous transfers/splits/combinations listed for that parcel. Users will be able to navigate to hyperlinked parcel numbers that will take them to that parcel’s history records, plat references, historic card for legacy parcel numbers, or follow the chain of title forward or backward of any splits/combinations that the parcel was involved in.
- Outside applications directly link to the parcel history information on a particular parcel.
- Sidwell’s help provided Holmes County with increased functionality, intuitiveness, and effectiveness in communicating parcel history information.
- The county’s tax map office had a framework to centralize a number of disparate tasks.
- The application has become widely used by title companies, real estate attorneys, title searchers, the public, and anyone with an interest in title research.
What They Had To Say
Based on previous experience with Sidwell on the development of our Transfer & Recording Database and its integration with Parcel Administrator, we knew that Sidwell was both capable and willing to develop custom applications.
Erik ParkerHolmes County, OH, Director of GIS
- Client: Holmes County, OH
- Project Details: Parcel Administrator, Parcel Genealogy
- County Statistics:
Area: 424 sq. miles
Density: 100/sq mi
(*as of 2010 census)