Jefferson County Property Valuation Administration Office, KY
The Jefferson County Property Valuation Administration (PVA) Office was seeking to modernize their GIS and CAMA systems. To accomplish this, the PVA chose to modernize their current solutions for integration and mapping software. The PVA needed to implement this process within a very short timeframe and partnered with Sidwell to accomplish their objective.
Sidwell provided an assessment and defined services focused around their GIS, mapping, and CAMA integration workflows to perform a gap analysis. This was done to identify any potential roadblocks that might impede a successful implementation. From the results of the analysis, Sidwell then developed streamlined workflows and processes to better manage and integrate the GIS and CAMA systems.
Central to these improved workflows is Sidwell’s Parcel Administrator. A key component to the new workflows is a highly integrated process between the GIS, Parcel Administrator, and the PVA’s new CAMA system from E-Ring, Inc. Sidwell worked very closely with E-Ring and the Jefferson PVA to ensure the best approach to integrating these systems. When all services were completed, Sidwell delivered a highly integrated workflow solution, along with modernized tools for managing and mapping the GIS information within the PVA office.
- Jefferson County PVA was looking to modernize their CAMA system and needed to revisit their current integration and mapping software.
- An assessment was done to perform gap analysis to move forward.
- It was determined that the county needed GIS mapping services, Sidwell’s Parcel Administrator and integration services, as well as training and support.
- Sidwell implemented Parcel Administrator software and updated their GIS data model.
- Collaboration ensued with E-Ring, Inc. to create an API in their CAMA system.
- There were multiple testing phases to make sure the process was working effectively.
- The PVA’s old system was “shut off” in order to move everything over to the new system.
- The new system was completely flipped over in a few weeks to meet the tight timeline.
- Training and support was also provided to make sure their new system would work smoothly after Sidwell implemented these services.
- The PVA accomplished their objective of a new integrated system, with new mapping and integration tools, and a modern CAMA system.
What They Had To Say
John W. ElginJefferson County PVA, KY, Chief Deputy
- Client: Jefferson County Property Valuation Administration (PVA) Office, Kentucky
- Project Details: Parcel Administrator, Training & Support
- County Statistics:
Area: 398 sq. miles
Density: 1,948/sq. mi
(*as of 2015 census)