Lincoln County, NM
Print this Story: Lincoln County, NM
Path to Modernization
- Sidwell assisted the county with the migration to the Esri parcel fabric model. As a result, the county became an early adopter of Esri’s Local Government Information Model (LGIM) and is the very first of its kind in the state of New Mexico.
- Original CAD files were first moved into a georeferenced environment, validated, and cleaned for topology.
- The migrated data was more topologically sound and accurate than the existing source data. This data included parcel, lot, subdivision, and block features.
- Sidwell introduced workflows that combined the ArcGIS for Desktop tools plus their Parcel Administrator solution.
Product Highlights and Integrations
- Sidwell’s Parcel Administrator helps adhere to the unique state standards for parcel number generation in New Mexico, and became the sole source for all parcel number generation within the county.
- Parcel Administrator is integrated with the county’s Triadic, Inc. tax system to ensure synchronization of parcel entry between the map and tax systems.
- County data is hosted using the Sidwell Portico web viewer. This allows Lincoln County’s staff and the public quick and easy access to query and analyze the land records information online.
- Sidwell experts provided professional service training to county staff. This not only allows them to utilize the parcel geodatabase and integrated land records management system, but to also perform several critical tasks with GIS by aiding the development of addressing, zoning, and building footprint layers.
- This data modernization effort provides constituents of Lincoln County with access to enhanced parcel data.
- Lincoln County is now able to manage their cadastral GIS using the latest Esri technology. They have streamlined the parcel maintenance workflows and have integrated the process of managing the GIS and CAMA data. They are now able to easily deploy accurate and reliable data to the public via their website, and to their staff in the field.
What They Had To Say
Our mapping system has grown by leaps and bounds. We are now able to produce wonderful colored maps for our constituents and share data with other governmental departments that we were unable to in the past. This data sharing is vital when a natural disaster happens as has happened here in June of 2012. We are also able to add data layers to our current mapping system, which is a key component for other offices within Lincoln County. The Sidwell Company has provided excellent training and technical support for our GIS department.
Paul BacaLincoln County, NM, Former Accessor
- Client: Lincoln County, NM
- Project Details: Data Conversion Services, Portico, LGIM, Parcel Fabric
- Industry: Government, County Government, Local Government