Logan County, CO
Logan County is located in the northeast corner of Colorado, and is a rapidly growing agriculture and industry-based community. Prior to teaming up with Sidwell, the county relied on outdated versions of ArcGIS for Desktop with dependencies on dated workflows for managing the enterprise GIS. In addition to modernizing the county’s GIS environment, the Sidwell team also provided data services to help clean the county’s GIS data before migrating the data in the Esri parcel fabric model.
Along with a parcel fabric editing solution, Sidwell provided the county with several other applications that the county still takes full advantage of today. These Sidwell applications include Parcel Administrator, Map Plotter, Address Manager, and FARMS. In addition, Sidwell also directly linked the county GIS to their Accela Civic Platform and set up a Portico web viewer to host their data online.
- The county’s data was unorganized and used different projections.
- Data integrity and data analysis capabilities were limited.
- GIS editors were required to make duplicate edits within various systems any time an address or other feature needed to be changed.
- Sidwell performed a data analysis and cleaned up features including right-of-way (ROW), lot, subdivision, township, and section data.
- The county’s data was then validated, staged, and loaded into the parcel fabric data model.
- The training provided by Sidwell included step-by-step assistance and support for learning parcel maintenance workflows in the new modern parcel fabric environment.
- Sidwell helped integrate the county’s database with the fabric and their 911 Dispatch software.
- The county is now setup to utilize Map Plotter to create current ownership and address books in-house.
- Improved workflows with tighter data rules have greatly increased the data integrity and analysis capabilities for the county.
- Edits made in the parcel fabric have reduced the need for entering data in multiple systems.
- The parcel fabric’s connectivity to multiple systems has helped lower the chance for human error when making edits.
- Sidwell enabled a GIS enterprise environment that allows multiple people to work on a project at once, increasing efficiency.
- Using Address Manager to rework the county’s address database increased the capabilities of the 911 dispatch analysis and improved ease of maintenance.
- Client: Logan County, CO
- Project Details: Parcel Fabric, Map Plotter, Parcel Administrator, Portico, FARMS, Accela
- County Statistics:
Area: 1,845 sq. miles
Density: 12/sq. mi
(*as of 2015 census)