Marion County, IL
- The county was in need of an updated flyer in order to identify changes to parcel use.
- County assessors knew a flyover would be the most accurate method to map the county, and enlisted in Sidwell’s expert change detection services.
- Sidwell provided an Excel spreadsheet with parcel numbers of those parcels that changed, or needed review to allow the county to delineate which properties need to be visited, saving time and assessment costs.
- This solution’s expenses ultimately are recovered by the addition of property value and subsequent increase of Equalized Assessed Value for the county.
- The county can now pinpoint where they need to assess properties in a timely fashion.
- The flyover results in increased Equalized Assessed Valuation; therefore, the increase in property taxes will be lower than it would if changes in property use were not discovered.
- The county can add new construction locations to tax rolls and alert property owners if a structure that reduced the assessment value of a parcel has been removed, if neglected, to be reported.
What They Had To Say
The new Sidwell Change Detection was a true eye opener. With limited staff and no county zoning, it’s impossible to keep up with all of the changes in Marion County. This service provided me with exactly which parcels I needed to visit and will save a tremendous amount of labor hours in the field.
- Client: Marion County, IL
- Project Details: Change Detection Services, Orthophotography
- County Statistics:
Area: 576 sq. miles
Density: 69/sq. mi
(*as of 2010 census)