Peoria County, IL
Peoria County is located in Central Illinois along the Illinois River. Prior to the county’s Parcel Fabric migration, Sidwell set up a SDE geodatabase. Additionally, the county has decided implement a parcel modernization project. This is an important step for the county in the continuous modernization of their land records workflows. The county will also be utilizing Sidwell’s Parcel Administrator and Map Plotter applications to further enhance the workflows for managing land records processes.
Josh Thompson, GISP, is the GIS Manager for the Peoria County IT Services-GIS Division and oversees the GIS data shared throughout the county. Thompson expressed enthusiasm about the project by explaining that the parcel modernization project will aid the GIS team in allowing them to have a more efficient workflow, and provide improved tools to maintain the county’s applications and data. Sidwell has provided services to Peoria County for over a decade.
- With few available county assessors to perform edits, the county desired a more streamlined process.
- They wanted to simplify the process of integrating their applications and the LGIM, while also shortening the process to set up new ones.
- The county uses over thirty applications, including their own custom-made cadastral layer application that they want integrated with the Parcel Fabric.
- The assessors wanted to share GIS data across all county departments along with the City of Peoria.
Sidwell supported Peoria County by:
- Migrating nearly 90,000 parcels into the Parcel Fabric data model.
- Staging and loading of over 3,000 subdivision polygons into Parcel Fabric.
- Creation of a LGIM geodatabase.
- Delivery of LGIM geodatabase and reconfiguration of Parcel Administrator and FARMS.
- Parcel Builder was linked to the parcel database to perform changes on parcels.
- Moving to the fabric allowed for better efficiency of workflows.
- Peoria County now has the tools needed for lot changes and split edits, reducing the steps originally needed.
- As more applications come out, the fabric will make the process much smoother.
- Use of the Parcel Fabric has made managing applications easier.
- Client: Peoria County, IL
- Project Details: Parcel Fabric Migration, LGIM, FARMS, Parcel Administrator, Map Plotter
- County Statistics:
Area: 631 sq. miles
Density: 301/sq. mi
(*as of 2010 census)