Wyandot County, OH
Wyandot County is located in the upper-central portion of central Ohio. After discussions with county staff from an on-site visit, Sidwell staff observed the county’s existing workflows. Sidwell recommended professional GIS services that Sidwell is known for such as: Local Government Information Model (LGIM) implementation, enhancing parcel geodatabase editing environments, implementing FARMSfor Current Agricultural Use Values, and designing a GIS-centric website hosted on Portico. All of these professional GIS services engage and help numerous departments of the county.
- Wyandot County possessed good data, but had a tough time maintaining it regularly.
- The county maintained two different websites for the auditor page and the mapping department, creating disorganization and duplication of effort.
- Sidwell provided recommendations to improve organization and accessibility of data.
- Sidwell proposed the creation of a centralized geodatabase so the county would have a common area where multiple departments can have access.
- The county received an updated web solution in Sidwell’s Portico to create interconnectivity between the county’s two websites, integrate Pictometry, and provide faster updates to get information to the public quicker.
- Created accessibility for GIS data between Tax Mapping/Engineer/Auditor departments
- The county now possesses a centralized geodatabase using the LGIM and a modern mapping website integrated with the auditor’s site.
- These solutions will enable the county to open ArcGIS Online account to create right-of-way maps and to use Collector for asset management.
- With the new technology available to the county, publishing data to the web will be easier than ever!
- Client: Wyandot County, OH
- Project Details: FARMS, Portico, ArcGIS Online, Collector, LGIM
- County Statistics:
Area: 408 sq. miles
Density: 56/sq. mi
(*as of 2010 census)