Employee Spotlight: Millie Crossland
Employee Spotlight Background
Our Employee Spotlight for the month of August is Millie Crossland!
In her role as Implementation Services Analyst, Millie is a key member of our Accela Implementation Team. Her primary responsibilities revolve around client engagement, project management, and training with an emphasis on the implementation of Accela Automation software. She also works with staff on improving our web hosting / mobile services.
In addition, her responsibilities include:
- Performing project implementation
- Researching and developing new workflows and services
- Developing project estimates for technical workflows and Professional Services opportunities
- Writing and editing technical content for our contracts, proposals and marketing materials
- Performing technical demonstrations for our clients in support of Sidwell Account Managers
- Performing implementation of Accela Automation for local government clients
Q & A
Tell us a bit about how you came to join Sidwell.
I have been working on Accela Implementations and finally I have found my home. Thanks Sidwell. I work remotely from my farm in mid-Missouri.
What do you like to do when you aren’t working? (hobbies?)
I am renovating an old farmhouse and raising a Great Pyrenees puppy, not time for much else right now.
If you could be any animal, which would you be?
What’s your favorite thing about GIS?
I like GIS because it provides a way to organize information that can be very easy to understand and let’s face it a picture is worth a million words.
What kinds of trips or activities do you do when you take time off?
I go to Mexico every chance I get – beach, villages, city – so diverse and beautiful.
What’s your secret talent that no one knows about?
I am a chicken whisperer – chickens love me and they follow me around and do tricks for me.