Industry: 8 years
Sidwell: 1 year
University of Texas at El Paso, B.S. in Computer Science
El Paso Community College, A.S. in Mathematics
ITIL V3 Foundations Certified
Lean Six Sigma – Yellow Belt
A Few Words About David
David is part of the Technical Team at Sidwell as our Project Implementation Analyst. He strongly complements the Implementation Services team with substantial experience having worked with the Accela platform in the past.
Past experiences include:
- Project estimation, analysis, configuration, training and automation of Accela products.
- Being a detailed software engineer with strong knowledge of the full software development life cycle.
- Working with different projects that involved Accela Construct API to provide custom solutions.
What People Think About Sidwell’s Work
Now with Accela, there is a simplified processed to track the status of reviews and inspections and the department can maintain a searchable database detailing project status, necessary contacts, inspection records, permit violations, and property history. There is additionally an integration with County GIS so that staff can easily navigate to property location data. Now department staff have automated workflows and improved record-keeping capabilities, and County customers are kept up to date electronically.
DeWitt County is looking forward to the re-flight because it has been over 10 years since the last flight. This will assist DeWitt County in finding omitting buildings, show the occupation in the new subdivisions with the newly constructed buildings and create an up to date flight for users on the internet.
- [Sidwell] took on an ambitious task of replacing a legacy system that provided both CAMA data and integration with an Oracle based county wide GIS network of over 200 separate users and multiple applications with a short lead time. Sidwell met the challenge of developing an integration process, training our staff, and successfully coordinated with the CAMA vendor and the GIS support staff to provide a successful transition. We were fortunate to partner with a knowledgeable, dedicated company.
We are now able to produce wonderful reports to our constituents and share data with other governmental departments that we were unable to in the past. We are also able to add data layers to our current mapping system, which is a key component for other offices within Cavalier County. [Sidwell] has provided excellent training and technical support for our county departments.
Based on previous experience with Sidwell on the development of our Transfer & Recording Database and its integration with Parcel Administrator, we knew that Sidwell was both capable and willing to develop custom applications.
The new Sidwell Change Detection was a true eye opener. With limited staff and no county zoning, it’s impossible to keep up with all of the changes in Marion County. This service provided me with exactly which parcels I needed to visit and will save a tremendous amount of labor hours in the field.
We were looking for a company that could take our paper maps and create 40,000 parcels using COGO, put them in Esri’s Parcel Fabric using the Local Government Model, and it all had to be reasonably priced. Sidwell’s proposal included all of that, and more.
[Sidwell] is a standout among the industry leaders we worked with to develop and implement our integrated system. They have the finest and friendliest employees from customer support to their top leadership, and best of all, and unfailing reliable product.
- Sidwell has a very good reputation for quality and customer support. We were in need of an updated GIS web solution, and I felt like Sidwell was the right choice for this. Brian Baker, the account manager, and Mark Kemper, the project manager were patient and always had thorough answers for all my questions. I felt comfortable with them, and it was apparent that Sidwell was willing to invest the time to make sure I understood what the LGIM and Fabric was all about.
We knew the power of what a common base layer like the parcel fabric dataset could do for our GIS operations, and it did not disappoint. Our excitement stemmed from the ability to connect our data in a more meaningful way via the parcels. It was like turning on a light in a dark room. Today our GIS has performed functions not even imagined at the time of initial creation of the parcel dataset because of its incorporation into our daily operations.
The idea of being able to plug data in without changing fields was really attractive as a small staffed county. [Discussing the LGIM]
Our mapping system has grown by leaps and bounds. We are now able to produce wonderful colored maps for our constituents and share data with other governmental departments that we were unable to in the past. This data sharing is vital when a natural disaster happens as has happened here in June of 2012. We are also able to add data layers to our current mapping system, which is a key component for other offices within Lincoln County. [Sidwell] has provided excellent training and technical support for our GIS department.
It has and is a pleasant experience working with Sidwell and everyone has always been so friendly and helpful.
It is just so nice to know I can call Sidwell and always have a friendly response and an explanation on how to do something. I really don’t have anyone here to help me with the mapping so it’s refreshing to have someone to communicate with that is so friendly. I just wanted to take a few minutes to let you know how much Marshall County appreciates all of his assistance, you have great employees!
I just wanted to share a quick thank you. I was able to utilize your recent hard work and updates in WPS online with some job updates last night. The tools in place were simply amazing in providing efficiency and ease in doing the needed tasks… Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!